The felted blanket is made to add warmth and softness to your home and body. It also makes a lovely bed-throw. It is handmade in the studio with the help of the Gentle Roller felting machine. Each piece is unique so pattern and colors might change slightly.. When sold out, a piece can be made to order.
By nature, wool is stain-, odor- and wrinkle-resistant and requires little maintenance.
- Remove food stains by scraping.
- Wipe off spills immediately.
- Let air-dry if moist or wet.
- Give your piece some fresh air now and then, hanging it outside.
- Felted wool pieces can be hand-washed if needed.
- Clean your piece under the shower or above the bath using a soft brush with shampoo or wool detergent.
- Rinse off the soapy water, place it plain on a towel and leave it to dry.
- You can use a steam iron at low temperature afterwards, it will smooth the surface of the felt.
Cleaning in the washing machine is not recommended because the product might shrink and deform and the natural fat content (lanolin) would be affected.
Dry-cleaning is not recommended because it traditionally uses toxic solvent. A natural alternative is to spot clean the stain with club soda before washing it.
The wool used by Remo is a mix between already carded wool and raw wool collected directly among Swiss farmers, transformed in local spinning mills and hand-felt by hand in the studio. One of Remo’s goals is to work in close local circuits as much as possible. Marbled felts are obtained by mixing two different colors of dyed carded wool.
- 130 x 150 cm
- Needle-punch embellishment